Makes 12 servings
For the filling:
- 1 block Cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp rosewater (or to taste)
For the crust:
- 10-15 Crackers
- ½ cup pistachio
- 2 tsp brown sugar, (or to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp Coconut oil or butter, melted.
- 1 pod cardamom seed (optional)
- Pinch of salt (only if crackers are not salted)
Roast pistachios in oven at 350 F for about 5 minutes.
Grind/crush/crumble pistachios and crackers until desired texture and mix them.
Add crushed/ground cardamom and sugar. Mix in coconut oil until a crumby dough forms.
Press into muffin tins to form a base for the cheesecakes. Bake for about 5-10 minutes (until golden) at 350. Do not burn.
Cream together cream cheese and sugar. Mix in rosewater and egg. Fill the cupcake tins.
Bake at 300 F for 25-30 minutes at the lowest rack. Let cool slowly in warm environment.
Measurements for crust varies. Play around with it. Test it to taste. Cardamom can be overpowering.
Double the filling recipe for a thicker filling.