Makes about 15-20 cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened or partially melted
- 1-2 tsp matcha
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 300oF. Prepare a cookie sheet line cookie sheet and set aside.
Leave butter at room temperature until very soft or microwave the butter until it is partially melted and then stir. Beat together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and matcha powder.
In another bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly incorporate this flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop 1 tbsp of cookie dough onto cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart from each other. Adjust dough amount per cookie depending on how big you want the cookies to be.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown towards the edges. Bake for shorter time for softer texture and longer for crunchier texture. Be careful not to burn.
When cookies are done baking, scrape them off the cookie sheet carefully so that they do not stick to the sheet. Let cool for at least 5 minutes to prevent them from breaking.
Once cooled completely, store in an air tight container.
- Adjust the amount of matcha powder depending on how strong you prefer.
- You can dissolve the matcha in 1 tbsp of water before adding to the wet mixture.
- If the dough is too dry and crumbly, before adding the chocolate chips, add one spoon of water at a time and mix until it comes together.